Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Thoughts

I took a moment last night to read some of Mark Nepo. I really enjoy how some people have an ability to say things in poems or simple writings that speak what my soul wants to say. I will share one with you, although there are many that I would love to share with you, but I think one might be enough for today :o) Peace.

Fighting the Instrument – Mark Nepo
Often the instruments of change

are not kind or just

and the hardest openness

of all might be

to embrace the change

while not wasting your heart

fighting the instrument.
The storm is not as important

as the path it opens.

The mistreatment in one life

never as crucial as the clearing

it makes in your heart.
This is very difficult to accept.

The hammer or cruel one

is always short-lived

compared to the jewel

in the center of the stone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true words. Good ones to live by.