Friday, November 02, 2007

This is going to be ugly

I am on the verge of a panic attack. I am never this high strung. It is disturbing to feel so anxious. It isn't something I want to plaster all over for public consumption, but it is related to my new roomate after hearing a conversation that she had with her family and her perception of what my offer was to her. That is the only thing that I can think of that would make me feel as anxious as I do. Seriously, it feels like I will "lose it" any minute. It is strange how these type of feelings are so irrational. Logically I can say all sorts of things to myself to try to calm myself down, but the physical symptoms remain. It really is interesting how this works and affects a person.

The classes that I am taking are things that I have learned in my life experience and I think that has been a frustrating point for me, doing busy work for something I already know. This week had a turning point for me. I realized that I may not be learning from the material, nevertheless, I am learning from the extra things that I am doing to accomplish the homework. Things like going to the writing center and learning some really good tips on sentence structure that also flow to thought formation and speaking. This realization has tremendous value to me and makes the busy work seem less frustrating.

My roomate is 7th Day Adventist so she observes the sabbath, which means at sundown tonight until sun up on Sunday morning, she doesn't do anything, not even cook! I was sure to clarify that I would not offend her if I don't follow suit. I have too much homework to not be doing it tonight and tomorrow! I also was sure to clarify that I WOULD be watching the Michigan game on Television tomorrow afternoon! Fortunately, she is very gracious and understanding that I do not hold her same values about the sabbath.

Ok.....I don't know what to do for sure to make this paniced feeling go away.......sex might work, but that ain't happening anytime soon....LMAO! For now, I guess I will just try to relax. Peace out!

2 comments:

Simplistic Pam said...

I hope you feel better! Congrats on your progress with the paper, at least that's nearly behind you.

Unknown said...

LUSH~
Waving Not Drowning Bath Bomb
Temple of Truth Bubble Bath
Ceridwen's Cauldron Bath Melt
Dream Cream Body Lotion
1 Strong Margarita. =)