Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Staying on top

My goal this summer is to stay on top of everything. Each day I review what needs to be accomplished. I am doing fairly well considering! At the moment I only have one class, this is helpful as I also need to get my program plan finished and approved, I need to find funding and of course there is the research project AND my Thesis (in doctoral school you must complete a Thesis and THEN your dissertation) My Thesis is the pilot to the research that I am conducting this summer. My Thesis should be complete by December (hopefully the majority of the work will be completed before September). This summer is in some ways a "clean up" term for me, I will be in much better shape by the start of my second year if I can get all of this extra stuff tied up in a nice little package.

Needless to say I have a few irons in the fire. I am feeling really good about it all though. I just sent my draft to my advisor for the Yale paper and I feel good about it. I know that she is going to rip it to shreds, but I at least feel like I sent something worthy to her and I haven't thought that about anything that I wrote in the last year.

Ok, time is a wasting........

No comments: