Sunday, August 12, 2007

Every day the same.....

When you don't work, every day is the same. I used to love the weekends.....now it is like any other day. Strange. I do know that I will not be "not working" forever. I am fairly sure that I will need to get a job. I was considering getting a retail job. Before I do and do something really silly like that, I am going to have a sit down with the Dean of the Doctorate program at UofM and see if he can tell me that he STILL does not know the funding (with classes starting in less than a month). What they are telling me is that the University has not told them how much the school of nursing is going to get to dispurse, thus, they can not dispurse it. That makes perfect sense, except, WOW, what a thing to do to people like me who quit their job and move to A2!! No one made me do that of course, and I am pretty sure that I will be able to get a job teaching next fall or even possibly next summer. In the meantime.......I think it would be sort of fun to work at a job that has zero responsibilty after I leave for the day. We shall see. I hear tale that A2 becomes insane once the undergraduates move in, I think the traffic and parking are already horrid....I can't imagine it gets worse! I studied the bus routes last night. I am going to start taking the bus in whenever I can. It is free for UofM students. Of course I need my school ID, which I won't get until August 30th. That about covers it. The next 3 days are earmarked soley for finishing up my homework for the San Francisco training. (I have lots of catching up to do). Wednesday then is a day spent at Arbor Hospice for Volunteer Training. Thursday and Friday I will be making the trek to Three Rivers to work and see the kidlets. I of course will be back in A2 for the weekend. Hopefully next weekend I will get out and do something fun. Maybe I will have Scott and Scott over for dinner, so they can see my new pad! (My furniture gets delivered on Monday...Yeah!!) Ok.....I suppose that is enough babble for one Sunday morning. I do hope that you are having a wonderful weekend. Peace.......................Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, we're kinda sorta in the same boat now! My weekends are like any other day. The only difference is that soon enough, you will have classes to take up your time.

I'm heading out tomorrow to the produce market.... Gonna embark on the cabbage soup diet starting tomorrow. LOL I slowed down on the Alli after I shit the couch and gained about 4 lbs. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your "no work" phase sounds like my retirement phase. Yesterday I was talking to a friend about an upcoming workshop near Detroit. She wanted me to go with her. I said "but it's on a Saturday; I hate to give up my entire Saturday." She replied, "what the hell are you talking about? You're retired! Everyday is Saturday." It's true but . . .