Thursday, March 18, 2010

Juggle

Certainly we knew that starting a job before the term was over would mean a juggling gig for me and that is exactly what I am getting! The danger here is that I KNOW what I am doing at my job, it feels like going home in a way, at school, every day I am confronted with things that I don't know, so we know which is most comfortable for me at this point (the job). I can't be too comfortable though, I must press through and finish this term proudly! I can't tell you though, just how happy I will be to be finished attending classes and sitting through hours of discussion and lectures that half the time I could care less about. (at least it is only half the time, it could be worse!) I just need to put the time in and get it done! By the end of this term I should at least have the outline of my dissertation proposal and the introduction written. Not a bad way to go into preliminary exams. I could easily have my proposal for my dissertation written and defended by the end of the year with my dissertation defended within one year of that. Unless I have to do data collection, then it may take me a little longer, but I hope to be able to do secondary analysis! (meaning that there should be a data base out there that is already collected that would have the variables that I need and I can do analysis on that.

I reminded a friend yesterday who is in the program with me, "if getting a PhD was easy, everyone would have one".......so true.....non of this is suppose to be easy and it will be all worth it in the end! :)

No comments: