Thursday, October 09, 2008

Whew!

Catie is a busy girl! School is keeping me hopping! I am loving it actually! It feels good to feel as if I "belong" here. Last year was very torturous and made me question what the hell I got myself into. This year is far more smooth and I am finally showing "them" what I am made of and impressing them to a degree that I never thought I could. However, it does keep me so busy I often forget to eat! If it were not for Dave, I might not ever eat! He is very good about making meals and taking very good care of me.

Chrystal and Jeff are coming tomorrow to go to the game on Saturday. Her birthday is this month, so this is her birthday gift. I got them SWEET seats in the 8th row, on the home side at around the 30 yard line. They are so excited. I have 4 presentations to give on Monday for classes and I am working feverishly to get them done before they arrive tomorrow. One of the four I will have to finish up on Sunday. It is my mid term presentation of my research model and needs to not be rushed. It is fully in progress, it simply needs more thought and time put into it.

Other than that, things are moving along fairly well. We had an unexpected "hiccup" in the financial department so we are scrambling to make it work this term. Throw into that mix that Dave is a groomsman for one of his friends wedding in Chicago on November 1st and we need to get the tux ($150!!!!) drive to Chicago, stay in a hotel 2 nights AND buy a wedding gift, not expenses that we were counting on. We are likely to share a hotel room with 2 of his buddies (as well as the drive) so this is NOT going to be a romantic get away! PLUS, I have NOTHING to wear to a fancy wedding....ugh!

I think that brings you up to date as best I can tonight, Tabitha's Salon take over is on Bravo at 10:00, So I need to wrap up some school work and be ready to watch....hee hee. I am not a fan of reality tv, but I got hooked on this show and Dave tolerates it!

Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're feeling more comfortable in A2.

Unknown said...

Phew!
I, for one, am thrilled that your feeling this good about school. ;-) Isn't it a great feeling knowing your accomplishing something!?

As for Chicago... did you book already? I have a 50% off coupon for any Starwood hotel (Sheraton, Westin, W, Four Points). I don't know if it would help but it needs to be used by the end of the year and I don't have any PTO to use. It's going to go to waste if I don't find a home for it.

Catie said...

Thanks you guys!


Little, we are staying at a Westin in Chicago, that would be very cool if we can use the coupon!

Unknown said...

If the room is already booked, it won't work. It has to be booked over the phone using the code on the coupon.