Sunday, April 04, 2010

Weekend to remember

Chrystal arrived on Friday. We had so much fun. Saturday we spent hours trying on wedding dresses and found the perfect one! She looked beautiful and it is ordered. Spending time with her is such a joy. She just left and my heart is so sad. I don't quite understand why that is. Obviously I know that she is my daughter and I love her, however there almost feels like an empty place in my heart now that she is gone. I think part of it is that I am amazed at what a incredible person she has grown in to and we have such a beautiful relationship. Even if I lived back home, I wouldn't see her very much, so it isn't so much that I live farther away. It isn't that I don't love my life here (I really do). So I don't quite logically understand the sadness that I feel. I just know that I feel it and likely it is a good thing. There are things that I should focus on at this point and I just want to curl up and cry. That doesn't sound productive in any way, so I thought writing out my feelings might help get me back on track. Thank goodness that I have Dave, I can't even imagine if I was here alone after Chrystal left. I am grateful, truly.

Now, I need to write for school, I need to make this proposal a work of art!

No comments: